Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Ripple Effect of Our Big Fat Mouths

So BB's, I'm almost 30 years old...give or take a decade, and I want to go find the person that said, "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me," and punch them in the neck. 

Words.  Do.  Hurt.

After getting my feelings hurt, I quickly...or slowly because I had to sulk a little and pray and be a baby... turn to the Word.  And BBs, I'll be honest... I do the same thing when I've opened my big fat mouth and hurt someone.  I'm not quick enough to apologize and that's bad stuff.  I started reading about what the Word of God says about our tongue. He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity. Proverbs 21:23  

(I think this can be said for our hearts too.  Guard yourself, BBs.  There is a ripple effect to everything we lay out there.  Just read more about spiritual warfare!  We can open ourselves up for a lot of destruction... or set ourselves up for success).

Next ones a doozie.  Don't miss it because it's a lot of words.  Read it over and over!!  THIS is the ripple effect... both good and bad.  I want to duct tape my mouth... and yours too!    

For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God.  From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. 
Just part of James 3:4-18 (Read the WHOLE thing when you can!)

BBs, our tongue is a MAJOR weapon.  We'll look a little more about it all this week, so tune in.  Until then, I'm gonna duct tape my mouth shut so and try to stay out of trouble!!  The old sneaky snake sho nuff loves to use our big fat mouths for his shenanigans.  








No comments:

Post a Comment