Thursday, January 22, 2015

Take The Duct Tape Off Of Your Mouth And SHINE!

Yesterday we talked about how cutting our little tongues can be... BBs, God can always make something broken in us absolutely beautiful!!

Who did God choose to lead HIS people on one of the greatest missions of ALL time?  The great Exodus?  The period of learning to live WITH God that still applies today?  This was a doozy!  No cake walk for this chosen fella.  God chose MOSES peeps, MOSES!  He was a walking hot mess. The man that proclaimed that he was "slow of speech and tongue" in Exodus 4:10.  I wonder if God did this for a reason.  He knows how damning our tongue is.  Moses had to rely on God for this overwhelmingly important task... and God alone.

One more nugget of happy about this whole ripple effect...

So that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.  
Philippians 2:10-11 

We are back to the spiritual warfare thing again (mentioned yet again in James 3)!  Don't forget BBs, we are for God or against Him.  Hot or Cold.  God's will or our will.  Those demony nasties can make us say all kinds off things, and they can make us feel unworthy, stupid, hurt, anxious, etc. when people throw daggers our way.  But in the end, EVERY knee will bow... don't miss this... on heaven, earth, and UNDER earth and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is our Lord...  Our one and only beautifully broken Savior.

Dear Father, tame my tongue today.  I know that when I speak, I become open to a host of consequences... good or bad.  Allow me today, Father, to bear good fruits.  Help me sow a harvest of righteousness and peace.  Father, I want your will to be done... not mine... as hard as that is.  Help me remember that satan loves to make me feel inadequate and anxious, but all good things come from You.  You are greater.  Keep me strong in your name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment