Sunday, July 21, 2013

Jenni Scott on Hearing God's Voice

Jenni Scott on Hearing God's Voice

The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.” (Exodus 14:14 ESV)

Jenni Scott honestly shares about how God speaks to us.

"I have been that one that when I have heard someone say " God told me..." I have been that one to question..how in the world do you hear? I can honestly say that I don't believe I have heard that whisper, or voice. For me I have had to learn that God speaks to me in my own unique way where only I can hear Him...sometimes through a song, a friend, a quote, in a conversation...and yes, sometimes a sledgehammer. Yes I have had those times where God has allowed the most difficult situations to affect me so much that it feels like a sledgehammer has hit me in the head in order to get me attention. God knows exactly how to get my attention. I am so thankful He knows me that well. But I have learned more importantly that when I stop DOING and be STILL...that I do "hear" Him...Favorite verse...". Exodus14:14---The Lord is fighting for you..all you have to do is be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment