Sunday, July 21, 2013

Listening to God's voice and other Facebook randomness

Stop and fall on your knees and listen to God's voice today!

"I pray because I can’t help myself. I pray because I’m helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn’t change God- it changes me." -C.S. Lewis


 

"Prayer is not monologue, but dialogue; God's voice is its most essential part. Listening to God's voice is the secret of the assurance that He will listen to mine." - Andrew Murray

 

BB's gotsta keep the feelings in check!
 Feelings per se are not sinful, but they can be temptations to sin. -Sarah Young

And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7 ESV)

An afternoon Jesus Calling moment because BBs love love love Sarah Young!!!


We are in this together!

We love this verse in Hebrews after the descriptions of the trials that Christians have been through. It takes the brokenness of all us to make His story perfectly beautiful. We are reminded yet again that we were not made for this world! We are one big ole BB army fighting for His Kingdom!

And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised, since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect. (Hebrews 11:39, 40 ESV)


No comments:

Post a Comment