Friday, February 6, 2015

Are you feelin' like a dried out jar of clay?

Oh BB's. I'm a hot mess. I've been in bed with the flu almost nonstop since last Friday. I am FO SHO feelin' like a broken down, ugly ole, dried out jar of clay this morning. And not that cute Christian band kinda jar of clay. And word than that? I'm out of coffee. I actually tried to reuse a Keurig thingy. Jesus please help me... I've become a desperate, empty, germy, and now decaffeinated vessel. I need some SHINE!

And ya know what I was reminded while feeling like s broken down hot mess? I'm still a vessel. Even though I feel completely useless, I'm still HIS vessel. And I'm supposed to SHINE even when when I FEEL like the jar of clay that I am. Because that's the point! How can we shine for HIM if we are too "self-shiny" (I made that word up if you can't tell) for HIS shine to come beaming through? We are broken, BBs. All the more perfect to let the light come shining through the little cracks and broken places of our lives.  

You know why the jars of clay were so important, BBs? They held the treasure. Peeps would hide their most valuable belongings in those jars. Ya see, I, myself, am not suppose to shine...my treasure is supposed to be the light. And my treasure is the dang Creator of the Universe!!  Pretty sure he doesn't need any help from me when it comes to gettin' His SHINE on.


So here's what I say we all do, BBs. How about we step back and let Christ be the one that SHINES in us? Now I don't mean just not DO anything. I'm sittin' here typing for goodness sakes when I don't really feel like it. But, let God lead the way for once. Listen and follow him. And SHINE through your brokenness. You were made to be beautifully broken after all. 

But we have this treasure in jars of clay so show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 
2 Corinthians 4:7-9


No comments:

Post a Comment