Monday, February 9, 2015

SHINE! Walk Out Into The Light BBs!

Sooooo... it's February... and it's Saturday... and as it does in Ole Alabama the weather report is a sunny 70 degrees... yep!  SEVENTY degrees.  So what does any good ole Southern girl do on a Saturday in February when its 70 degrees?  You got it!  Put on my kini and head outdoors to lay out!

Yeah, I know... Crayola, but LAWD, BBs I LOVE some sunshine!  I hate the winter...it is no bueno to this BB.  Give me summer time every single day!  Winter is hard for me because I literally CRAVE the sunshine.  I love the way that sun feels on my skin... It warms me up from the outside in and makes me feel good all over!  I love the sparkle of it... the way the suntan lotion smells... the no breeze, warm on my skin, lovely, happiness that is good ole sunbathing!

Again, I realize the ridiculousness of this, but let me elaborate...

So fast forward to Sunday morning, and I am getting ready for church and listening to my praise music on Pandora and this song named "One Thing Remains" comes on, and I just had a moment...

"Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me..."

BBs, here's what God spoke to my  heart... in all that warm sunshine of Saturday I felt completely utterly happy... I mean BLISSFUL... not a care in the world... but Sunday morning and this song and my heart goes back to almost 13 years ago when my skies were BLACK... Ima talking no sun in sight. 


Quick synopsis:  I was married.  I didn't want to be.  I found someone else. I got divorced.  Yep, four little sentences that carried the blackest black my heart had ever seen.  I started thinking about just how MISERABLE I was in my sin at that time, and it occurred to me that there are MANY of you going through that same darkness right this very minute.  I'm talking the dark blackness of SHAME... I hate that guy... SHAME. 

That chronic lump in your throat.
"Who is talking about me now?" 
"I have lost all my friends and some family." 
"God hates me, and so does everyone else" 
"I am alone."
"I am unworthy."
"I will never get through this."
"I think sometimes of ending it.", 

"I am alone, I am alone, I am ALONE" 
THAT kind of shame..

Here's good news for any of you experiencing this:

"His love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me....."

BBs, WALK OUT INTO THE LIGHT... let Him take your heart and radiate from the inside out His amazing unfailing grace and redemption... 



He never fails: He will in His time fix you if you ask him to.
He never gives up: He is even now, even in your darkest dark pursuing your broken beautiful heart.
His love for me will NEVER run out... no matter what you have done, where you are, or what the world says about you. 

BBs, the creator OF THE WORLD is speaking these words to your heart even now, just as He spoke to me this morning.

I write this to say there will be sun shine again, friend.... no matter how dark things seem right now.  I promise you this.  HE promises you this: To love you and to never forsake you. We are praying for you BBs in your darkness right now... walk out and find warmth in the light of His glory and grace.  We are here to hold your hand should you need it. He is already holding your heart to begin to HEAL it...

"Cause its higher than the mountains that I face,
And its stronger than the power of the grave,
Constant through the trial and the change,

This one thing remains."


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP8isf9PVz4


      

2 comments: