Thursday, August 8, 2013

Mini-Blog: Wash Over Me

August 8, 2013  Mini-Blog in BB Land

There are never coincidences in BB Land.  God makes our winding little bunny trails cross and intertwine, because we are joined by His Spirit!

While Blonde BB was meditating on this verse...
Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls; All Your waves and billows have gone over me.  Psalm 42:7 

I was praying over this verse...
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. Romans 8:26-27

First, we see how we communicate with God and God with us from the depths of our souls.  He wants to wash over us.  He wants to keep cleansing us day after day, because let's face it... we are a hot mess!!  Second, we see that in our weakness (that translation means body and soul), the Spirit intercedes for us.  Maybe it wasn't a weakness that tore you apart body and spirit.  Perhaps you are just ready for school to start after a long day of trekking to 5 stores to find just the right poly pocket folder in the perfect shade of pistachio that is on the supply list topped off by when your kid's head started spinning around (like in the movie Exorcist), and horribly mean things start flying out of this once beloved child' mouth.  Amen?  (I'm SURE I'm not speaking from experience here).   Tired.   Just tired.

Good news peeps!!  As Christians, we were given this wonderful gift of the Spirit.  We'll talk later about our bodies being a temple (eek! scary thought) for this amazing gift!!  When we are weak, we have a precious Spirit that groans and intercedes from the depths of our soul.  And as a Christian, the Spirit is groaning and pleading your case when you have no words.  Pray to God today and thank Him.  Tell God your heart everyday.  He knows it anyway!

Pray with me...  Father God, thank you for fearfully and wonderfully making me by your might hands... by your gracious hands.  I pour out the depth of my soul to You.  Open my heart to receive Your will, Your grace, and Your Spirit like a waterfall sweeping over me.  When I am weak, hear my call.  When I have no words to speak to you, Father, remind me that you know my innermost thoughts.  I cannot hide from your Spirit, Lord.  Remind me today that you gave your Son to die just for me.  And remind me that You gave your Spirit so that you would live IN me... in the most intimate way possible.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment