Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mini-Blog: Everyone has lost their brains

August 26th, 2013

Have you ever been standing there and realized everyone you knew had lost their brains?  That solitary moment where you think perhaps its a full moon or invasion of the body snatchers, because everyone has LOST THEIR BRAINS??  One of the hardest parts of being a BB is this very moment.  The moment when I'm literally talking out loud to imaginary people saying, "I have NO idea why you did this.  You have fo sho lost it!  What you did didn't make sense and the entire world...every single person... has lost. their. last. braincell."  Then I realize perhaps I'm losing my last braincell because I'm talking to peeps that aren't there with terrible grammar and made up BB words.

I'm a black and white kind of girl and when my world gets inundated with grey I go spider monkey crazy.  We all mess up...over and over and over.  Some of us are more prone to find the more pungent things in which to step than other BBs.  We are all BBs, none the less.  Then someone yells, "you have lost your brain!"  And the hard part begins... the forgiving part.  Forgiving for a BB is spiritual.  It is ALL God.  Our broken bodies and broken minds and broken hearts couldn't do it alone.  And then the other side of the coin is turning away from the sin that caused the other BB to LOSE.  HER.  BRAIN!  Then there's the forgetting.  I think that's the hardest, because sometimes our feeble minds want a reminder that can serve as a red flag in the future.  It's tough!  Being broken is hard.

God commands us to forgive BBs.  His character is the ultimate example of forgiveness.

He tells us to forgive each other...  Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.  Ephesians 4:32.

How much?  Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.  Matthew 18:21-22

Pretty sure God has forgiven us more than seventy times seven times a million and two.  He loved us SO much that he promised this...  As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.  Psalm 103:12 

And this!  Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.  Isaiah 1:18

And how did he do it?  We all need to go back and remember OR learn that through his grace we were saved!  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.  John 3:16-17

Remember that you were forgiven by our Father and Lord and Creator and Healer and Provider.  In His image... therefore our hearts must forgive.  Let the words of this song be your prayer today.  And remember the undeserved forgiveness you were given.  GRACE!  And if you want to talk more about forgiveness, please send us a Facebook message!  We'll chat with you or meet with you.  We love you and so does our great, big, loving, and forgiving God.

Oh the Blood of Jesus
by Kari Jobe
O the blood
Crimson love
Price of life's demand
Shameful sin
Placed on Him
The Hope of every man  

O the blood of Jesus washes me
O the blood of Jesus shed for me
What a sacrifice that saved my life
Yes, the blood, it is my victory
 
Savior Son
Holy One
Slain so I can live
See the Lamb
The great I Am
Who takes away my sin

O what love
No greater love
Grace, how can it be
 
That in my sin
Yes, even then
He shed His blood for me


XOXO,
Jenny and Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment