Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words?

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what do your pictures say about you? 

Y'all, one thousand words is a good bit.  I'm long winded, and I've never posted more than about 800 words in a blog!!   This statement is oh so true!  How much we see and feel and think from a mere picture.  

Remember my vanity meter yesterday?  Were you brave enough to look through your photos and rate a few?  How'd they stack up?

This vanity thing goes way past pictures.  Yesterday we talked about coming before your king unedited.  I dare you to take it further... go before your family, and friends, and co-workers, and complete strangers... UNEDITED.  

THIS is the true way to lay yourself in front of the world as a beautifully broken soul.


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  Psalm 139:14

BBs, you can crop and edit all you want, but that doesn't change who you are.  That doesn't change the fact that Christ died FOR YOU even though he knows who you are.  He died for you wrinkles and flaws and bad hair and bad attitude and selfishness.  

And I bet if we all went on a mission to post real selfies.  REAL ones.  Like hair is a mess and clothes don't match kinda selfies that peeps would love us just the same.  

I bet if we took pictures of our kids throwing tantrums and what dinner REALLY looked like, peeps would love us just the same.

If we took pictures of our messed up life and broken daily mess and spilt coffee and burnt bisquits and unorganized house that peeps would love us just the same.

Maybe even more...

Because that love would be unedited.  

Unfiltered.  

Just like Christ's.

Be realz, BBs!

No comments:

Post a Comment