Thursday, October 15, 2015

Head Lice, Dog Poo, & Weird Puppets

So can we just talk about my day yesterday?

I woke up to a screaming cat and my coffee maker that wasn't pre-set.  Whatevs, I'll be fine.

I haven't slept.  One rottenweiler barked ALL NIGHT.  And the other couldn't hold his... well poo.  Lawsy all the poo.  But he is old.  I'll still love him, right?

I went to leave and as my sweet little angel girl and I were praying for our day and our friends and family, here comes the sheriff.  I was mortified.  I am the next of kin to so many.  
"What had happened," I thought!

I took an extremely irritated sigh of relief as I received a subpoena for information... that doesn't exist... for a simple court case... that was over weeks ago.  And I tried to regroup.  But I just couldn't.  My irritation level was about an 11.  Exactly.  One.  Higher.  Than normal.  

As I went about my day, it was one thing after another.  

Little things that kept stacking up.  

And then the call... My little girl has head lice.  I leave to pick her up and suddenly we are now battling fever AND head lice.  

Y'all.  The bugs.  All things washed and sprayed and I gave my child a flea bath.

And then the icing on the cake...  I, too, have head lice.  Let the head scratching begin.  

My hair is two feet long and fine and breakable.  Using the dang tiny flea comb was like entering the seventh realm of hell.  


I just couldn't take it all.  

All the little things.  And I'll be honest.  I wasn't feeling very full of Jesus.  

But I must write.  It's #write31days.  And it's raw.  And here I am.  

And I do love Jesus.  I just don't want to read about him.  Or pray.  

So I try to just cry a little.  And let the Holy Spirit take over.  

And keep it simple.  

I circle around my sweet Jesus.  

Jesus loves me this I know,

For the Bible tells me so.

Little ones to Him belong,

They are week and He is strong.

Nothing happened with weird puppets, but it sounded good at the time.  What's up with them????  Where does one go to take a weird picture of puppets!  Creepy.  I guess it could be worse than head lice.  I could be surrounded by weird puppets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment