Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Will The Circle Be Unbroken?

Y'all, I knew that when I decided to write and ride for 31 days that the ole sneaky snake would try to stumble me up.  I knew this.  And yet that dang spineless dumb dumb tried to steal away my focus today.  

It has been a truly beautiful walk with God the past few weeks.  I have been digging in the Word of God.  And not even to a point where I can day, "I've never dug deeper."  I have, but I've never dug this deep when I didn't have to.   

It has truly been circles... repetition that is leading me to the King.  It is making me aware of the Father that is helping me as I screw up... even when it's teeny.  It is opening my eyes to the Kingdom around me.  It is placing blessings at my feet...like where I REALLY see them.  Y'all, I feel the love.  

Sure, I have always had faith... blind faith, but I was never ok with just being "me" in front of my Father.  Isn't that sillies!?!?  He sees me.  He knows me.  And He brutally allowed His Son to be killed FOR me.  And I'm just circling away.  

But I'm circling in a great way... in a way that is allowing God to show me His mysteries like never before...  And see change in the peeps around me too.  They want to dig deeper.    


And It's the little things...  And I pray for each of you, BBs, to find a way to make this kind of connection.  It may not be 31 days of writing, but maybe 31 days of reading Psalm, or 31 days of the Gospels, or 31 days of a Bible study.  

But when your heart is determined to do good and faithful BB work, you are going to be tempted.  And it's, yet again, the little things that bring you down.  Satan knows this.  Our household is a strong and mighty power right now, but it's also a fortress very much under attack.

Today, someone said something ugly about my husband.  And a few days ago about me.  It's not the first time, but it hurt a lot today.  And I truly cried.  "She has won," I thought and cried out.  "I'm tired and done with the drama. God, how can someone that has never met me continue to say truly ugly things about me?  How can someone who doesn't know my husband anymore feel this way?  Why won't she put the yuckers aside and just get to know US?"

And it took my happy away at that moment.  And when it crept in and tried to steal my joy, something had to give.  

As I lowered my head and prayed that the tears would go away, so that I could get on with my very long day, God's sweet voice spoke to me.  In a blunt, but kind, language that was so very clear.

"You and you husband have chosen to live in a small house with your family because you do not believe in excess.  

You wear hand-me-downs and cut your own hair, so that you can provide for your children first. 

You love your husband and truly allow your fiery spirit to step back and let him lead your household. 

Your husband loves you and his whole family with a love like mine!!!!

You give of your time to my church and my children when you are tired and weary.  

You have chosen to dedicate this month to me... and the animals that you love and that I love and that I have given to you.  You are my shepherdess.

You've made hard decisions and bad decisions and great ones, and I'm still walking with you.  I have never forsaken you.

Count your blessings, and listen to me.  I AM the God who sees."

Y'all, He never gives me that much of a pep talk.  This circling thing evidently opened my ears too.  and I needed it!  And I praise Him for it!!  His words are so sweet and made that little nasty comment shrivel up like a dead flower.  So I stopped and truly counted my blessings, and Satan and his sneaky snake, spineless minions began to step down.  

You see, even when the enemy is at work, he still knows that one day EVERY knee will bow and EVERY tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.  

And it was all clear... as I counted my blessings...  

Satan wants to destroy my circle of joy and peace.  

And yours too!!  

BBs, stand firm today and realize that the enemy is at work around you.  And start believing that you have the power of God in you!!  As I've said before... the same power that made blind men see and rose Jesus from the dead is LIVING in you!!!!!  

So that at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.  Philippians 2:9-11

Be a part of the RIGHT kinda circle and not the circle that the tempter weaves. 

Will the circle be unbroken, 
By and by, Lord, by and by.
There's a better home a-waiting,
In the sky Lord, in the sky.
-A.P. Carter

HOLLA-lujah, BBs!!!!  There's a better home awaiting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment