Friday, October 9, 2015

Don't Be A Bunny... Cause Snakes Can't Wear Shoes

I spend my days working hard.  I take care of my kiddos and I run through life with my hair blowing in the wind.  I feel like most of my time is running from here and there as fast as my feet can hop.  And grocery shopping.  Why does it seem I can never get enough groceries to feed the fam??  I even have a garden of my very own that is filled to the brim with big, gorgeous veges and it just does NOT seem to be enough to go around.  

Work and play and caring for my family is always on the agenda... but there's also something else.  Something greater.  I am just always waiting to have to run.  I'm always listening for that someone chasing me in the woods when I'm running or that thing that will startle me that will leap out of the bushes.  I'm always waiting and anticipating.  I can almost feel the hair bristle on the back of my neck because things have just been too quiet and too easy.  I gotta be ready to run...

So BBs, do you ever sit around and wait for the other shoe to drop?  It's yet another negative circular pattern that is SO hard to capture and give to God.  The struggle is real peeps!

Here are just a few of the ways that I prevent the ripple effect of nerves that run through my body and stop the crazy from surfacing when I feel like that shoe is going to hit the flo like a platform stiletto on hardwood. (Now mind you, I'm not telling you to do these things... this is my circus and my monkeys).

I change ring tones and text tones constantly.  The quieter the better.  Once upon a time every phone call and text was the possibility of a shoe dropping.

I watch for behavioral patterns in people around me.  I have quite the accurate cray barometer.

I plan.  I have a plan A, a plan B, and a plan C.  I also have a plan A, B, and C for each of those plans in case they don't go as planned.  #truestory

I can hear conversations a mile away.  Now this girl can't hear my bass playing out of a speaker two feet away, but I can tell you what people 50 feet away are saying. 

I'm always one step ahead.

"Things are going too well..."

"What if..."

"I'd try something new, but..."

"They are about to unleash the monkeys, I have to prepare..."

Sound familiar?  And we circle right on back to those little demony minions that belong to the ole no leg dumb dumb.   And do you know what those little demons want me to believe?  That I need to run.  I need to be afraid if things are going ok.  I need to be ready... be on guard... put up my defenses.  But do you know what that does NOT do for us?  Leave room for peace.

Here's what we have to understand...

First, go back and read those two paragraphs.  It's about a bunny, y'all!  NOT a person.  Repeat after me... "I... AM... NOT... A... BUNNY."

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7 

Now read it like this:  For the Spirit God gave ME does not make ME timid, but gives power, love and self-discipline.  

Okay, now on to my second point...  Let's be logical.  Snakes have no legs.  So quit allowing snakey creatures to drop shoes.  Now repeat after me... "SNAKES...AIN'T...GOT...NO...LEGS...SO THEY CAN'T DROP SHOES!!"


Again... For the Spirit God gave ME does not make ME timid, but gives power, love and self-discipline.  

Here's the thing, BBs.  We live in a yuckers world, so we are going to be faced with obstacles and shoes dropping and fear and temptation.  BUT our God has already overcome the world, so we can live boldly and without fear.  

I know that I sho don't want to trust the temptations of a sneaky snake that can't even appreciate a good pair of Ferragamos.  So circle in the truth of confidence when it's raining shoes.  And then pick them up, put them on, and sashay like a supermodel... all while laughing at the attempts of the ole no leg fool that tried to throw them, because you were made to be bold.  

For the spirit God gave YOU does not make you timid, but gives YOU power and love and self-discipline.  

So the moral of the story is... don't be a bunny, 'cause snakes can't wear shoes.  

Until tomorrow, BBs!

XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. I so get the "waiting on the other shoe to drop" mentality. Its all lies... you are so right and beautiful and I am so glad the LORD has put you in my life! <3

    ReplyDelete