Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Are you spreading stinky stanky... or honey?

Yesterday, I talked about how the sneaky snake, satan, was trying to trip me up.  Old no legs had a lot of cute attempts up his sleeves, but they failed... a few tears later of course.  

Well it got me to thinkin' about spiritual warfare.  Now growing up, I had a unique Baptist household that we actually talked about this kinda stuff.  Not blatantly, but i did grow up at least having an understanding of the battles unseen, and a huge appreciation for the power of prayer.  Now I'm Bapticostal, so I'm all up in that spiritual train wreck.

The thing is... my mind was always blown by it all, so I focused more on the spiritual warfare around me and the peeps close to me and within my church... but that's where it stopped.  My pea brain couldn't wrap my head around much more than that.  

Something clicked yesterday; however, when I wrote out God's soothing words to me.  

Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24

His words healed my heart with goodness and sweetness and gentleness, that human words couldn't have expressed...

Or could they have??


“But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things?”
2 Corinthians 2:14-16 ESV

This verse makes me think of Mary spilling the oil on Jesus's feet.  Can you imagine the aroma that filled that room?  Think of a smell that you love... the smell of freshly baked bread, the smell of rain, the smell of jasmine, or if you are at our house... the smell of the barn.  Imagine the warmth you feel when that smell surrounds you.

This is what we are to be BBs to others... sweet to their souls and healing to their bones!

BBs, we have the Holy Spirit IN us.  

We have the power of God IN us.

SOOOOO... we have these sweet, sweet words in our heart for others. We need to be aware of the battles around us and when we see one forming, we must be willing to cover our sisters and brothers in Christ AND those perishing with gracious words like a honeycomb! 

In my case yesterday, I couldn't have given any sweet words to the person that lashed out at us, BUT I can give those sweet words right up on up to my Jesus... through prayer and petition.  And slayed that snake from afar.

BBs, we are called to be a sweet fragrance.  We are supposed to be the sweet aroma of Christ throughout our BB worlds.  Nobody wants a stinky stank BB lingering around, so look out for the spiritual warfare around you and shower that hot mess, that satan tries to stir up, with honey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment